M84 Danish Army jacket - anyone have any experience/views about?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikkel

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2007
Denmark
It's very solid pieces of kit. The jacket and trousers last for ages, even when wearing it all day long every day.
Most professional soldiers don't use the issue jacket however, as they prefer the SAS pattern smock (made by various vendors, with the most popular being made by Arktis).
The lightweight uniform is nice as well, but it's not much different from commercial available ripstop jackets and trousers.

You can easily waterproof the fabric on the jacket and trousers. When new, it comes with a quite hefty waterproofing treatment.

May 30, 2010
Midlands
Thanks Mikkel, I've gone for the combat trousers as a starter before considering the jacket as I want to feel how heavy they are! Hoping they make good walking trousers!

May 30, 2010
Midlands
Now have the combats, and I can confirm that they are VERY well made, and fairly heavy! Can't wait to take them to the lakes in September, they should be most at home!

Jul 13, 2010
Tolkamer
If you guys all mean the green-black spotted jacket. It works well (although it isn't very good for the jacket) in green water lakes. I wanted to buy it, but couldn't find it in local army stores. Instead I bought German Flecktarn.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Excellent quality piece of kit compared to the other equivalents out there.
I use the same combo as above minus the leggings and nothing gets beats it out in the freezing cold.
My only gripe is that they could of designed a better fitting hood on the jacket, maybe a permanent lined hood.
One thing i cannot figure out is a male push stud just under the collar of the jacket to the left, can anyone comment on the use of that stud?
DSC00593.jpg

i believe its for fitting the waterproof shoulder cape as seen here on ebay.de
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....58886&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3072wt_1084

it poppers on to that popper, and you can still have the hood attached. i dont know what material the shoulder cover is made of

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE