Lurker Comes in From The Cold

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
Hello one & all - long(ish) time lurker now decided it is time to go 'public'
Been a 'walker' for many, many years from day walks up Snowden to the Lyke Wake walk, to the Cornwall Coastal Footpath to the Pennine Way.
Been 'prepared' since being in the cubs, and well before 'being prepared' resulted in weird looks and comments like 'when are the Zombies coming ?'.
Took early retirement at age 45 and now into my 60s manage to walk a few miles most days (with a full ruck sac), its keep me fit and 'prepared'.
Being raised on a farm and then hunting (shooting and ferreting) and fishing experiences have given me a bit of knowledge about bushcraft, but lots more to learn.

Hopefully I can contribute a little from my experiences, and hopefully continue to learn from you all.

Alan.

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hello one & all - long(ish) time lurker now decided it is time to go 'public'
Been a 'walker' for many, many years from day walks up Snowden to the Lyke Wake walk, to the Cornwall Coastal Footpath to the Pennine Way.
Been 'prepared' since being in the cubs, and well before 'being prepared' resulted in weird looks and comments like 'when are the Zombies coming ?'.
Took early retirement at age 45 and now into my 60s manage to walk a few miles most days (with a full ruck sac), its keep me fit and 'prepared'.
Being raised on a farm and then hunting (shooting and ferreting) and fishing experiences have given me a bit of knowledge about bushcraft, but lots more to learn.

Hopefully I can contribute a little from my experiences, and hopefully continue to learn from you all.

Alan.

"Coming out" shouldn't be so difficult these days. :bigok: (I can't find the roly poly smilie)

It sounds like you have a lot to offer, pull up a chair. Or a big bunch of Fir branches etc. :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good to have you Alan and I'm looking forward to hearing of some fo the adventures you've had, you can't do what you've done without having some :D

Jan 13, 2018
Rural Lincolnshire
Thanks to every one for the warm welcome and following my initial post (comparison of cooker fuels) I have learnt to question & re-evaluate what I use, and hope that my post may have had the same effect on others.

Roll on warmer weather and longer days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE