Lundhags Scout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tanto

May 29, 2005
Sweden
After some time of research my choice fell on Lundhags Scout (180€). Wanted a functional and comfortable shell boot that could resist water and had a long lifetime.

Good socks are important for boot climate so i got 2 pairs of Bridgedale Coolmax Liner (12€) and Bridgedale Trekker (17 €).

2006-04-11-040.jpg

2006-04-11-041.jpg

First impressions are good. Boots are watertight after using Lundhags wax twice before serious usage. Comfortable but will get even better after breaking them in. The only downside this far must be that they arent that good on asfalt becouse of the stiff sole, acceptable but not good. The socks are excellent, im glad i bought them instead of using my old socks from the military service. Makes all the difference after a long walk.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
They look like a good pair of boot too high in the leg for me though. let us know what there like when you've broken them in

James

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
I got a pair of Scouts sometime ago from another member. They are a jolly good boot, I do find them most comfortable but I'd agree with tanto in that they can seem a little 'firm heeld/soled' on hard ground....but then i don't tend to go bushcrafting in town ;)

They seem built to last and I've already got my moneys worth out of 'em (£25!!!!!).

I'd definitely recommend them.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I have the Lundhag ski mountaineering boots (square toe and extended heel to take cross country bindings) although I use them mostly for working in the woods. I find them most comfortable with loop stitched socks next to the skin and a pair of seal skin waterproof breathable socks over them. I've had mine since 1985 and they are still going strong.

Eric

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Congratulations, those look like really great boots!

Having a good pair of boots is probably the most important bit of kit a person can have. If you're spending all day on your feet, the last thing you need is bad footwear. Blisters and wet socks sap energy, and kill your morale.

Good on ya!

Adam

A

Alfa

Eric_Methven said:
I have the Lundhag ski mountaineering boots (square toe and extended heel to take cross country bindings) although I use them mostly for working in the woods. I find them most comfortable with loop stitched socks next to the skin and a pair of seal skin waterproof breathable socks over them. I've had mine since 1985 and they are still going strong.

Eric
@Eric_Methven
Any place where one still can get them? Thet seem to have vanished from earth!

leon-1

bothyman said:
I got a pair of these a few weeks ago quite pleased with them so far.

Viking Deerhunter GTX (See>> Track Extreme Line)

>> http://www.vikingfootwear.com/

MickT

They look nice enough boots, but I have a problem with thier range. All of thier boots have gore-tex right up untill you hit "wellies".

I have had boots with goretex in them before and I am not a very big fan of them, good old fashioned leather will do the job more than adequately.:)

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
leon-1 said:
They look nice enough boots, but I have a problem with thier range. All of thier boots have gore-tex right up untill you hit "wellies".

I have had boots with goretex in them before and I am not a very big fan of them, good old fashioned leather will do the job more than adequately.:)

But at the price I got them for they are good enough, but I usually buy the all leather boots too.
I got them off Ebay, brand new, never used, still in box, £41 so the price was right :rolleyes: thats why I bought them.

MickT :confused:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I know nothing about the boots, but they certainly look up for it, but those socks, the bridgedale coolmax liners combined with the trekkers are the best socks I have found for walking and are designed for use in gortex boots. Really comfortable and wick well..........

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Lunghags are great boots, i used them right through my army carrier and whilst working around the world after leaving the army. They are by far the best boot i have ever used. One point i will make about them though, they have a very narrow foot construction which i found out with my very first pair so you need to take particular care with fitting. For this reason i buy them direct from Lundhag and send them all my foot measurements and a outline drawing as per there instructions of both my feet. This effort has proved its self to me as i have not experienced any further problems.

My last pair a fox stole one boot from my back door and i never found it. I plan to replace them but have not got around to it yet. I will be going for the Ranger high.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE