Lundhags Boots And Pullover Anorak?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
Has anyone here used those Lundhags boots with the rubber bottoms? Do they dry out and crack? How are they to wear?

Also, ages ago, I saw on Lundhags site a pullover anorak in a poly/cotton mix, gray color with map and two side pockets and Lundhags logo on the shoulder but it seems to have disappeared! Site was in Swedish lingo.

Any ideas on this anorak if it is still made? Anyone use it or where to obtain it?
Thanks!
Monk

leon-1

I used a set of Lundhags years ago, the rubber part of the boot is cellular, they are very warm, make your feet sweat like mad. They are good for winter, don't use them in summer.

When they haven't been used in a while they become very stiff, they require a fair amount of care (use of waxes on the uppers and the like) and require it even when they are not in use. Use them with the felt insole and ensure that this is changed frequently (or cleaned).

If you do a lot in them and your feet overheat in winter don't stay static for any long period of time (I have bad circulation in my feet, suffer from chillblaines) because if like me you were required to stay put for a long period of time your feet freeze and it is a nightmare getting them warm again.

On the whole they are comfortable once broken in (this took a time), but have limitations. I would not buy another set.

This is my own opinion, others here will have thier opinions on them, try and get a measured view from all that have used them.

After all one man's meat is another mans poison. :)

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I wore Lundhags for a while but found my feet got so wet with sweat that its defeated the object of wearing them.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Lundhags boots are made for the swedish climate, wich means wet enviroment in dark forests. Many use them when hiking in the mountains in northern part of sweden. If your feet get wet of sweat you are using the wrong socks. I have this problem with most shoes and boots but with ullfrotte socks that has never been a problem.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
This is true when I was in Canada the trappers wore similar boots to Lundhags but they also had a wool/felt removable liner which they dried out over night.

However I think modern boots with a breathable lining would be better for all but the most extreme conditions when goretex would stop working anyway.

george

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
N.W. Highlands (or in the shed!)
I've been using Lundhags since the early 90's and for most Scottish conditions I think they are suberb.

In the UK we have a tradition of using Alpine kit - boots, down clothing etc. that has never really been suitable for general UK conditions.

IMHO a lot of the scandinavian kit is much more suited to the conditions we face here. Lundhags have their drawbacks sure. but if you're bogtrotting or face lots of river crossings I've never come across anything better. When your boots fill with water crossing a river, just mop them out put on dry socks and off you go - no thick lining to hold the water in and they dont get heavier from soaking up litres of bog water!

Mind you I wouldn't be using them in the high mountains or on dry tracks in the height of summer - there are better boots for those conditions.

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE