Lunch by the river

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Had a free morning today so took a wonder down to the river to try out my new cooking pot for a spot of lunch. I took a few photos so though I would share .

Used an old washed up plastic road sign for a chopping block for kindling

nice bit of easy pasta today, nothing complicated

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Nice pics mate. Your little wanders always have such a nice backdrop

Where did you get the mors pot mate. Ive been watching fourdog site but the big un is out of stock

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Looks like a nice spot you've got the Salad!! Beautiful view to have a bite to eat!

Thanks mate, this is a new spot for me. A local told me about a place on the river where fires are OK because it helps to get rid of the dead wood which blocks up the river when all the snow melts after winter. Its a good find and I will be going back

Nice pics mate. Your little wanders always have such a nice backdrop

Where did you get the mors pot mate. Ive been watching fourdog site but the big un is out of stock

Thanks mate glad you like them.
Got the pot from fourdogs this is the 1.8 hard anodised http://fourdog.com/1-8-liter-mors-camp-pot/ I got this pot as it is perfectly sized to fit my wildwoodgas stove, its almost like its made to measure I am well happy with that as I have been looking for a bail handled pot that fits the stove without being to big for ages

Looks like they will be back in stock soon :)

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice wee short trip, great pics as always, keep 'em coming, I enjoy trip reports a lot.

Cheers for posting,
GB.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Looks like a really nice spot, great to be able to bob down for lunch when it takes your fancy. Look like there could be some nice camping,

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
pasta al fresco, great ! Beautiful back drop as well.

Pete

Thanks, I love the view from mountain valleys :)

Nice. Thanks for posting. :)

Cheers for your comment mate :)

That's a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing!

It certainly is a good spot, there are 3 little islands near there that you cant see in those photos apparently you can wade over to them and hang out there, I will try that next time there

Nice wee short trip, great pics as always, keep 'em coming, I enjoy trip reports a lot.

Cheers for posting,
GB.

Thanks you, I will do my best to keep em coming ;)

Nice meal, no salad ?

Haha, I chose the name Salad as my avatar as I was looking at a bottle of Heinz salad cream at the time of chosing and I thought " umm I bet no self respecting bushcrafter has called themselves Salad on this here forum yet" :)

What a great place for a lunch break, nice pics Salad :)

Thanks bud, Lunch is always a great time of the day :)

Looks like a really nice spot, great to be able to bob down for lunch when it takes your fancy. Look like there could be some nice camping,

Yes mate theres plenty a good spot to camp here . thanks for you comments :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE