Lunar Eclipse on the Winter Solstice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Snapped a few of these this morning. They were taken with a 250mm Canon lens on a EOS 400D. Its times like these you wish you had that larger lens if you could afford it. Saw one being sold for 20 grand once.

These are 100% crops and the best I could get them, took me a little bit of time to get the settings right, photographing the moon isn't as easy as you may think. :p

LunarEclipse by pandabean2010, on Flickr

LunarEclipse1 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

LunarEclipse2 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

LunarEclipse4 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

LunarEclipse5 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

LunarEclipse6 by pandabean2010, on Flickr

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great piccies, I never tire of looking at moon shots, there's always something you've not noticed before.

The moon tonight was pretty spectacular too, at around 16:30 it looked like a huge ball of fire in the sky

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Great piccies, I never tire of looking at moon shots, there's always something you've not noticed before.

The moon tonight was pretty spectacular too, at around 16:30 it looked like a huge ball of fire in the sky

Yup, amazing wasn't it.. ;)

I had the camera on shutter priotity mode and used 1/80 for the shutter, added +2 for over exposure and the f was 5.6 unfortunately. That was for one of them, the rest were taken at about 1/15. The ISO I kept delibrately low (1-200) to reduce the noise, took one at ISO 1600 and it was too grainy/noisy. These are probably not the best settings but the best I could work out while my hands and feet were freezing. :)

I started to loose it towards the end as you can see.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Lunar eclipse on the solstice? omen for sure, no idea how to interpret it mind.
Fantastic pics, i guess i didn't miss it after all :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE