Lumbar Pack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Two uses for the lumbar pack for me.......well, this is what i'm 'hoping' it will be like :)

Hunting, i hunt on foot using night vision most of the time. I like to take a flask and polish poncho when its cold. Rucksacks are a little restrictive at times and wont to catch on branches and stuff.
Hopefully this will ride out of the way and maybe even allow me to reach into the main compartment without taking it off

Hiking, more ventilation and freedom of movement. Plus i'v been meaning to get a smaller pack for ages, my 35ltr daysacks are just too much bother for a day walk. Large, giving me a sweaty back, and again just a bit more cumbersome than required for the job

Theres also a little challenge and reward in using such a small pack for overnighters

Nice pack sunndog. good choice.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Two uses for the lumbar pack for me.......well, this is what i'm 'hoping' it will be like :)

Hunting, i hunt on foot using night vision most of the time. I like to take a flask and polish poncho when its cold. Rucksacks are a little restrictive at times and wont to catch on branches and stuff.
Hopefully this will ride out of the way and maybe even allow me to reach into the main compartment without taking it off

Hiking, more ventilation and freedom of movement. Plus i'v been meaning to get a smaller pack for ages, my 35ltr daysacks are just too much bother for a day walk. Large, giving me a sweaty back, and again just a bit more cumbersome than required for the job

Theres also a little challenge and reward in using such a small pack for overnighters

Brilliant - many thanks for that. I can see the relevance for day outings particularly from avoiding the sweaty back factor when wearing a day sack but I'm afraid the hunting aspect is not relevant for me. Well, I think I might just give the Bergans one a try; it's just a matter of finding one...

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
If a sweaty back is your prime concern, you can look for a backpack with a mesh back, and the pack raised a little bit. I find those much more comfortable than a lumbar pack when you put some weight in it.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
If a sweaty back is your prime concern, you can look for a backpack with a mesh back, and the pack raised a little bit. I find those much more comfortable than a lumbar pack when you put some weight in it.

I have to admit that a sweaty back isn't my prime concern but is somewhere on the list of things that I might like to avoid! I am currently using and loving my Hill People Gear Umlindi pack - a pack with no reputation for a breathable back, so I have come to accept it as 'one of those things'. I suppose it might if I were working in the boreal forest as winter closed in but I'm not (sadly!).

I think that my interest in a lumbar pack is driven by the desire to carry less stuff and so use what little knowledge I have more regularly and effectively. 11 litres seems on the limit of what I could use for a full day or overnighter and it is that that drives me towards clicking the 'add to basket' button.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Well, just been out for a quick couple of miles with the dog and langavvan

Loaded it up to 7kg as a test.....it did well, no slipping down (even with jogging for a bit) yeah, nice and comfy, i like it so far

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE