LRDG Truck

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
EdS said:
thinking about it your right.

However PPA usual deployment was 1 x 0.3 and 1 x 0.5 machine guns. it was only Peniakoff's original jeep that has 2x 0.5 MGs.

They also had one fitted with flame thrower for while.

You are right about Popski's own jeep!!!
Thank you for the correction. :You_Rock_

Though a few SAS jeeps did have a single 50 (no such thing as too much firepower), the Vickers are the give-a-way!!! :biggthump

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
No worries - got to admit that its not long since I finished reading Bob Yunnies book.

Popski's Private Army was one of those books that my father said I should read when I was a kid - if i could find a copy. I'd been told about PPA as his uncle was in LRDG & some time in the Lovatt Scouts I believe.

Anyway, when I moved into this house ther way a 1950's copy of Popski's Private Army in the coal bunker full of rubbish :shock: - the old boy that lived here was special forces during WW2.

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
They haven't sold Defenders in the States for years - the early 90s I think.

There is a market for old Series Landys that have been upgraded to meet emissions regulations. In LRO magazine there was a feature a while back about a Series IIA station wagon destined for a customer in New York City which was being retrofitted with aircon and other goodies!

Best wishes

Bruce

Tack

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2005
West Midlands
Guys,
Defenders were withdrawn from sale in North America in the early nieties. It has been reported that they were withdrawn either because they did not meet the emission standards or because of an incident involving a side mounted fuel tank on a Ford truck which, when hit burst into flames.
Either way unless you have the price of a small house you cannot get a '90 (with side-mounted tank) or a '110 now.
As for the ultimate bushcraft vehicle how about one of these?
Regards
Tack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE