LOWE ALPINE STING

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
cheers ed. my plans are screwed up good and proper now anyway. GF just tested positive for covid again, she works in oxford hospital. pretty worried to be honest.

• Sad
Reactions: MrEd

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
i just went and look at my awry item and it has the extra strap on to, which the lowe alpine version doesnt.

There are a couple of design changes done by Awry which i actually prefer (the zips the other way up and the extra straps at the bottom)

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think that the design changes come from the Dutch army.
The German army changed the Berghaus Atlas for example. It grew 10 litres, got a more robust frame and different shoulder straps.

Reactions: MrEd

ianmbetts

Nov 2, 2022
Ireland
This thread has probably been done to death but just want to add a note that armyworld.pl currently has both new and old versions in both used and new storage condition, so four options available.
According to the pictures on their website the version without compression straps is the new version, I have one of these and its ARWY. I also have a Saracen with compression straps and its Lowe Alpine. The pouches on my Saracen zip bottom to top to attach. My ARWY Sting is the bottom down (which incidentally is the same as my Berghaus Crusader and my Belgian M97). I also have a Strike with compression straps and that is same as the Saracen, bottom up, but this one seems unbranded.

ianmbetts

Nov 2, 2022
Ireland
This thread has probably been done to death but just want to add a note that armyworld.pl currently has both new and old versions in both used and new storage condition, so four options available.
According to the pictures on their website the version without compression straps is the new version, I have one of these and its ARWY. I also have a Saracen with compression straps and its Lowe Alpine. The pouches on my Saracen zip bottom to top to attach. My ARWY Sting is the bottom down (which incidentally is the same as my Berghaus Crusader and my Belgian M97). I also have a Strike with compression straps and that is same as the Saracen, bottom up, but this one seems unbranded.

Reactions: Laurence Milton

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE