Lowa Sizing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adbirdy

Oct 12, 2005
West Midlands
Hi,
Just wondered what peoples experience of Lowa sizing is, do they fit to your usual size or do you need to go a size up? Looking at a pair of GTX Hunter boots, if anyone has particular experience of this model.
Only asking because I bought some Le Chameau boots in my usual size and they are too small :( Strangely the Le Chameau wellies are fine though??

Thanks for any help

Ade

garethw

Settler
Hi Ade,
I got the Combat boots last year and after talking to the site I ordered from, they suggested minimum half a size up from usual. If you look on the Lowa site it gives a chart with all sorts of equivalents in the sizing. I measured my feet in cms and added a couple of ml to get my UK size.

The boots are a snug fit but not tight, I have walked long distances, spent days fishing and had no rubbing or sore feet so the sizing is fine. I got such a good online price I figured the risk was worth it. If you have wide feet perhaps one full size would be recommended. but the best naturally would be to try them first.
regards
Gareth

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I heard they were a tight fit when i was shopping for some, so i got them in a half size bigger
and even then they were still a little "snug"
Im usually a 9, bought a 9.5 combat boot and they were perfect for everything but long pack walks when they would become quite tight and uncomfortable due to my feet swelling and not having enough space to expand.
But wearing them for work (12 hours security, not much walking) they were very comfortable.

I dont think they consider the sizing difference after they add in the Goretex lining.

Trango

Feb 1, 2011
Europe
I think in particular their newer line of shoes requires a full size upgrade. The good ol' classics appear true to size.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE