Safety boots - cheap but good UK sources?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Work dictates safety footwear on site. They provide them or you buy them and they give up to £25 towards them. The cheapskates! I'm going to buy my own because free issue ones are not good but I'm almost a cheap as them.

So does anyone know a good online retailer or a national retailer (eg wickes or b&q) that's a good place to go for good boots at reasonable prices?

Only criteria I have are black (got to be presentable for visits to customers - could even be shoes), conform to BS standard (at least basic steel toe protection but a higher rating is better) and not too much more than I'll get reimbursed. Ideally not much more than £50 if possible. Needs to be water resistant (minor flooding is a site risk).

Nothing Bushcraft related but I reckon there's enough people on here who can help Plus you're always helpful in my previous questions.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Work dictates safety footwear on site. They provide them or you buy them and they give up to £25 towards them. The cheapskates! I'm going to buy my own because free issue ones are not good but I'm almost a cheap as them.

So does anyone know a good online retailer or a national retailer (eg wickes or b&q) that's a good place to go for good boots at reasonable prices?

Only criteria I have are black (got to be presentable for visits to customers - could even be shoes), conform to BS standard (at least basic steel toe protection but a higher rating is better) and not too much more than I'll get reimbursed. Ideally not much more than £50 if possible. Needs to be water resistant (minor flooding is a site risk).

Nothing Bushcraft related but I reckon there's enough people on here who can help Plus you're always helpful in my previous questions.

Screwfix have a huge range starting at £20 and they've a great no quibble return policy. If you've got a store local just pop down and have a look at what they have. You can see their full range on line of course.

Last edited:

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
+1 for screwfix. I've been wearing their 'site' brand basic brown leather boots for a few years now (3rd or 4th pair). I'm too tight to give more than about £50 aswell, and all the other similar boots I've tried between have dropped to bits in short order.

They're not very waterproof as such (anything over the laces gets in). Its the durability that I like: a week or two of breaking in and they're pretty comfy - enough so that I generally have them on at least 12hrs a day, usually 6 or 7 days a week. Cover at least 4-5 miles general plus an extra 5-10 over weekends. They usually last me about 12-18 months before the sole wears out.

Hth.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE