looking to make a DIY cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ian_glover

Nov 29, 2010
Derbyshire
hey everyone,
first post here so ill try to get it right

im looking at making a cooking stove thats small so i can stick it into my backpack, ive been cooking with a army surplus mess tin so it dont need to be big. im open to the type if fuel it uses, be it wood, gel or meths/paraffin.

looking forward to your suggestions.
thanks in advance

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
have a look here there's loads of different ideas, most of them are multi-fuel in one way or another.

stuart

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Don't forget the good old Nimblewill stove!
Here's mine:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9179907@N06/4254634190/

If you Google 'Nimblewill Stove' then a link to the plans will come up. You make it yourself and it packs flat. You can use it with a meths/Trangia type stove or as a wood burner.
I got some sheet stainless steel off cuts from a local sheet metal worker for nothing! In the end all it cost me was the price of the cutting discs and time.
Mind you, cutting stainless steel is a right swine. But glad I did it and that stove is arguably the best thing I own - even better because I made it myself!

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
That stove looks awesome! I have a home made hobo stove but it can be quite bulky to carry in my pack.

i'm going to be looking int making one of those bad boys ASAP

Dave

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I made this little stove from old mixer cans and half a beans tin.

stove1-1.jpg

stove2.jpg

The penny stoves are not too difficult to make, its mainly that fitting ine tin insidethe other thats the faf..

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
try a zelph stove copy................a cat food can ........a little fibreglass matting and a small can ..........cost very little ....pennys ........and work well .......all you need after youve made it is a piece of aluminium kitchen foil for a windshield....very cheap and light and they always work........if you dont fancy making one yourself pm me your addy and ill send you one

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE