looking for someone to add engravings to my knives!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
Hi, as the title says I want to add some engravings to the blades of about 8 knives. It will be nothing drastic, just a couple of small letters and a couple of japanese symbols.

Is there anyone who could do this for me?

If so what sort of costs and time scale are we talking?

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
I wanna present them as gifts to some friends, but i want them done to a decent quality hence i dont wanna try a DIY job, hopefully someone with some experience can help me out

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Please be aware that few engravers will be overjoyed to be asked to engrave already hardened blades - fundamentally, that puts the hardness of the graver at not much over the hardness of the blade... Engraving bolsters is possible, etching or burring (possibly drag engraving, not tried it) are going to be more feasible on the blade itself.

CHOP

Dec 13, 2010
Bakewell
Look under laser etching in your local area
As long as they have the right sort of Laser it is not a problem
A Yag laser is the best it marks straight onto the steel
An Epilogue laser - you have to coat the blade with a spray and the etching is applied to that
Cost - They will charge you a set up charge anything up to £50 depending on what you want and then £5 or so per item
Try this lot in Sheffield
http://www.laser-4.co.uk/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE