Looking for some camera advice...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Yes, it's a nice camera. However, best thing to do is look at that, the Fuji S5500, and the Panasonic FZ10, which are similar models (or the Fuji S7000 at a few more notes), try them in the shop and see what you think. The FZ10 and the S1 both have Image Stabilisation, which in my opinion is a big waste of money, but since it's all down to personal preference, it's best to try each one.
I bought a Fuji S5500 and I love it to bits, even though it replaced my Pentax SLR which I had some decent lenses for, and was a decent camera.
If you want discussion, the forums on that site you linked are good. I'm a member over there (post in the Fuji forum), only thing I would say is use the search function before you post, as some members get quite rude if they've seen the same question before.
Enjoy your trip to Jessops, let me know what you buy :cool: ;)

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
I'm trying to decide between the S5500 and S7000 for myself.
S7000 is better featured from the "hobbyist" point of view but the 5500 has more zoom and arguably a better "burst" mode for the kind of photography I'm into (mostly motorsport).

SWMBO has the 3500 and it's excellent.

leon-1

You may well want to have a look at this as well, I have just bought one and really like it (just as well). All the pictures taken of the meet that I put up were taken with this camera.

I am not sure about their review since I can use it with one hand no problems at all and actually find it quite light to hold.

leon-1 said:
You may well want to have a look at this as well, I have just bought one and really like it (just as well). All the pictures taken of the meet that I put up were taken with this camera.

I am not sure about their review since I can use it with one hand no problems at all and actually find it quite light to hold.
Nice, but once I get a decent sized memory card, it goes out of the price range :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE