Looking for a small basha. Opinions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whetstone

Mar 8, 2011
Edinburgh
Hey guys long time lurker finally posting something the search couldnt help with!

Basically looking for a smallish basha (id love an aussie hootchie but i'l be using it before the month is done so I cant really import and I dont fancy the £90 for a woodlore job :rolleyes: )

I was previously using just a tarp with ringlets but I'd like some ridgeline loops and it was just bit of a pain really.

Criteria is tough and preferably Woodland dpm. I'm not too keen on the webtex ones and DD hammocks dont do a small one in MC. size wise sorta the same as the aussie hootchies. 3x2 would be the max really and it obviously has to be waterproof. Looking to spend around £30 but less as better because im a tight jock who loves a good surplus bargain :D

I was thing maybe an older issued british army basha or possibly the Fox basha?

I think a poncho is just slightly on the small side for me as il be using it for a few days on the trot through the start of winter.

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers in advance.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Also don't give up on the poncho idea; remember they snap together to double the size if you carry 2 of them.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!

Whetstone

Mar 8, 2011
Edinburgh
Thanks for the replys guys. I would of had than exped tarp off you but I was really after some form of camo.

Managed to pickup an ex-issue basha for £18 today (said it was grade 1 but it looks unused :D) so that seems like a goodish bargain!

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Thanks for the replys guys. I would of had than exped tarp off you but I was really after some form of camo.

Managed to pickup an ex-issue basha for £18 today (said it was grade 1 but it looks unused :D) so that seems like a goodish bargain!
Great buy mate , they are bomb proof bud , i use mine all the time ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE