Looking for a good pair of work trousers..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello all
I am looking for advice on a good solid pair of forest work trousers but I don't want to pay through the roof.. Budget in the region £50 - £100.
I typed Fjallraven Forest trousers into Google and almost choked when I saw the astronomical price they were asking for their trousers.
How can anyone warrant spending £350 - 500 for a pair of work trousers.. They must be lined with gold and diamonds lol

Greenbeard

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2018
North yorkshire
Try apache holster. About £30. Good solid work trousers, next day delivery when I ordered from their UK website. Triple stitched inner seams and double on the outside. They have a really useful pocket above the right knee.

Reactions: Greg

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I don't know about in UK, but here Carhartts cost about the same as Levis - $50-80canadian - depending on the style. Last forever and cleverly built. Construction workers don't really sport other brands of legwear. :)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I would have recommended Hyena Everest, very tough. I use them working in the woods and around the campfire. However they appear to have disappeared from all the suppliers I had so I'll have to find a replacement when they eventually wear out :(

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
If you consider blue jeans the Dickies are about $29 U.S. and are available in standard or loose fitting. If not jeans then again I still have to recommend Dickies work pants listed from $20 U.S to $30 U.S. depending on style and color. I expect pricing may be different there but I don't imagine it being exorbitantly so.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
If you stop to think about the cost per year of service, patches included, I think that Carhartt pants or bib-fronts is the best buy of all.
The really cold stuff even has flannel cloth lining.
Here, Dakota bib-fronts is OK but a distant second. Not 10% of sales. Dickies brand denim shirts are the best ever.
Carhartt zippers never quit. They just don't ever fail.
While it isn't really noticible, Carhartt pant legs are windproof and that makes such a big difference in shirty weather.

I have 2 Carhartt canvas coats with lining for cold (-20C) weather and wind.
The old one is 15 and has a few little patches. I still pick it out first!
The new one (gift) is even a little bit water repellant which means nothing at -15C.
Every day warmth and comfort with knitted cuffs and an inner drawstring waist..

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I’d recommend Taclite Pro’s. Bullet proof trousers and s good cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
.....Used to good effect on a couple of winter arctic trips with wool long johns.
Noticed a few of the Sami boys using them too.
Hope this helps.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OG combats... from Sarnau...
It is what I am using at the moment...under £30 and OK quality
Got a few pairs of that type trouser mate but for me they don't live up to hacking through brambles when getting from A to B.. Looking for something more hard wearing.

Chalkflint

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2017
Oxford
Greg
I too get through trousers at an alarming rate. Tried 5.11 seemed good quality at first but I soon wore them out.
The ones I am currently wearing seem good. They are made by "SITE" with a label saying "Cordura fabric" which seems to be their heavier duty range for contractors etc. They have lots of pockets and belt loops and not too expensive. Screwfix sell them for about £30. I cant see my exact pair but the Tanuki seems close.
Chalkflint

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
They look like a nice solid pair of trousers... Wonder what the postage would be??
I can’t help there Greg as a friend sent them over. Can’t imagine it being too much though. I’ve not worn them extensively yet as they are quite thick and it has been too warm but my pal lives in them.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE