Look what we found heads up!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Look what we found *ready meals* are currently in Sainsburys for £1 each. All varieties were included at my local store. Please ignore if someone beat me to it or mods delete if so. Not had time to search forum as out and about.

(*Edited to make clearer)

Sent from my battle droid.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Old Jimbo,

Seemingly the ingredients are sourced from small regional farmers...

"We source only the best 100% Natural Ingredients for our traditional recipes where the key ingredient in each of our recipes is specially selected from one of our family of small Regional British farmers. Small farmers, big taste! is the phrase we use to capture how our farmers who care about their produce and livestock provide us with the best tasting ingredients. Because we only use the best quality ingredients and only put in what we really need to, many of our range are gluten free and surprisingly low in calories with no taste penalty." - According to their blurb.

I'm not a fan of processed food but they're handy stand-bys and good for keeping in a stash. You don't get a huge amount in a pouch but nice on a baked tattie, with pasta, rice and the likes. As to the ingredients they've just over twenty things in their range so it varies.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
A pound is about right considering how small the portions are.

"surprisingly low in calories" ... just what you want when camping lol.

Seemingly the ingredients are sourced from small regional farmers...

That sounds good. Here whenever deals come up, then being suspicious, I'm always looking for the catch - and often here I find one. It might be bacon packed in smaller amounts, or cans of tomatoes which no longer say "product of Canada", the farmers of which I'm trying to support.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I hear you; which Pac Rim country is being allowed to dump produce in Canada, now? The best you can do here is hit the weekly Farmer's Markets, they all agreed to sell on different days!
Slowly and quietly, there is a marketing group developing among small/hobby farms in my district. In the summers, much of the organic produce (greens, squash, other fruit) in some Prince George city grocery stores
comes from the McBride/Valemount area. BIG FOOD lobbies government for detailed inspections which drive up the costs of anything preserved, meat included. At the same time, demand can far exceed supply.
One ranch down the road can do 2 flocks of 150 chickens each summer. What did they keep (besides the money)? Two birds.

Some of us barter. All I have to sell in October are grapes but that's almost an unique proposition so I'm OK. Best crop was 2013 = 65lbs/vine. I grow some green beans, peas and carrots but I put all that up just for myself. The best I can do is cook for 6-8, eat a meal and freeze the rest.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
lovely meals but could be bigger, i have to use 2 pouches for a meal and I also don't buy their rice, Uncle Ben's has much more per pouch than these

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE