LOOK! its finished my hacksaw blade number 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
hi everybody as promised her is my hacksaw blade knife number 2 made from the same Peace off high speed sandvik hacksaw blade. i think this one is moor interesting than the last one it handles extreamly well in the hand and is very nicely shaped and a pleasure to hold the hole knife is 22cm long the blade is 101/2 cm long and 3 cm wide at its widest point if i remember the handles are a pair off matched book mark australian lace wood scales. and as with all my knives the wood has been french polished with Henry flack BRIWAX by hand thy still have a lot of polishing to go to make them hardy to the outside elements. now the hardest part for me is to put pictores on thread sorry about these pictures being a bit in your face i will master it eventually ill post the third knife to morrow by for know Stanley :D
Me042.jpg

Me044.jpg

Me045.jpg

Me048.jpg

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Goo looking knife and sheath

A little more care needed on teh sheath maybe cut your nails to stop the marks and scratches;)

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Very nice Mr. Lake! The full scalloped forehandle is a nice touch for control work. Your giving people some ideas here:You_Rock_ !
Keep up the nice work

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Lovely knives Stanley

May I ask how you are shaping them

Hi bill with extreme caution :eek: knife number 2 has not bean honed in yet i usually use oil stone then something like a japanese wet stone to finish off the trouble with this sandvik steel is when thy are sharpened thy are lethal i got a nice cut on the back off my finger from knife 1 just by accidentally dropping it on my finger so for that reason i tend to not sharpen them until needed:oh:

Stanley

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Hi Alf I'm afraid the marks on leather sheaths or do to leather being in crap leather bin from leather shop annoying isnt it

Stanely
You need to buy better leather as that is the only thing | can see that is letting (your work that is) you down from an excellent job:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE