Fox'mups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

After making the Owl'mups (containing a knife), then the Terrapin'mups (containing a compass), and then the Trout'mups (containing a fishing kit), I finally had a chance to do what was originally going to be the third one, the Fox'mups, containing a fire starter kit.

I had begun it 2 years ago, spent a bunch of hours drawing, and even ran some of the pieces, but couldn't figure out a good way to make it all work. I went back a few times, trying to get it going again, but wasn't inspired. Decided to start from scratch and that seemed to do the trick.

Ferrocerium rod, hacksaw blade striker, fresnel lens, two straws with vaseline soaked cotton balls. Still room for dryer lint, birch bark, fat wood, etc. etc.

The way things are held in place.

Inside.

The back.

10 pieces before they were sewn together by hand.

27 colours in total. 80,000 stitches on the machine. A whole lot of hours of drawing. Many more hours of hand sewing.
All sorts of flaws. No matter how hard I tried, no matter the amount of finicky hand sewing I did, the whiskers ended up a bit wonky. Part of me is tempted to make a bunch of revisions and do it again. Too many other things I want to do.

The whole collection.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE