Long may the mild Autumn continue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It's a tough job eh! ;)

Growing up in the Scottish soft fruit bowl of Angus I'm maybe biased but I think rasps are the king of soft fruits. Rather have one over a strawberry anyday.
Goosegogs are a close second.
You could make some syrups, puddings, raspberry ripple ice-cream or bake them into things like scones or bread.
Enjoy the bounty, it never lasts long enough.
Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I can't remember a nicer, milder and more colourful Autumn, and this is a place where October is usually a very nice month. We've had it sharp at night but shirtsleeves if you're working outside, and the colours of the trees
as good as I've ever known it.

It definitely shortens the coming Winter when we get this kind of mild fall :)

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Super nice ��

Enjoy. Ps mild it is. Also here. �� fishing in my T shirt

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I picked 300g of them not an hour ago :D
They're huge, juicy, deep dark purpleypink and as sweet as Summer :D
Honestly, we're awash with fruit just now; I'm running out of ideas to use it up :eek:

It's a lovely mild week here too, though it rained at the weekend. The garden was needing it though…it's nearly the end of October and we've been warm and dry. Quite the Indian Summer right enough.

M

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Get yourself some inexpensive balsamic vinegar, 500ml will do. Mash 2C fresh raspberries and mix. Refrigerate 30 days. Make more.
Or mashed with lime zest as a sauce for prawns.

matt_uk

Oct 16, 2015
Sutton Coldfield
It's smashing as long as you're not trying to camp with an unprepared family ... they didn't see the cold night coming and I ended up with the dog whilst the kids ended up cuddled with mom... A price you pay for clean fresh air and a warm fire with good friends I guess :)

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Yes, the mild spell is good but I noticed on a run last week how low the reservoirs are. It has been a dry year in West Yorks, we need some rain over the next few months.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE