Lone Wolf Pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I don't see why you should have all the fun!
me & the dog coming with you next time.
-- swmbo

In a state somewhere between horror and joy I went down to the garden shed and wept. Tears of joy because I know how hard it is for Julie to walk any distance due to her arthritis and you've got to admire that level of determination. Then the brief sobbing as I totted up the weight of gear I would need to be lugging about to make this trip posibble.

Thankfully Glyn-Y-Mul farm is just about accessible by train & taxi for us so I wouldn't have to haul the kit that far once we got there. It wouldn't be easy but it was do-able, besides I love her so such burdens I bear gladly. Dog in one hand, 80L pack on a trolley in the other and the Bergan on my back, me worried about Jules getting over the mud & rocks down to the woodland, Jules worried about me having a heart attack. The only thing bothering Spud of course was which tree to pee up first.

The threat of more rain had our tent up fairly quickly with the tarp for extra cover and it wasn't long before Jules was enjoying coffee & biscuits, filtering water and generally puttering about the tent making things cosy for later. Meanwhile I was allowed out to play for a while stacking rocks, chopping wood and starting a proper fire for us to cuddle up in front of that evening :)

attachment.php
attachment.php

I won't eat much you know how the meds affect my appetite
-- swmbo
Ten minutes later she chowed down a whole Naan bread bacon butty with tomato pesto for breakfast.
attachment.php

Then off with her camera again exploring solo. Partly because she doesn't want me to see her in pain till the meds kick in but mainly because there's no sense of wonder or discovery when somebody says 'go this way and look over there'.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Me I got down to the serious business of camp life and some whittling, waiting patiently for the radio to chirp and her voice telling me to put the kettle on for her return.
attachment.php

As for Spud well he spent most of trip alternating between 'Glamping' and toasting his belly in front of the fire. Hand fed nibbles on demand with his own private supply of De-Caf coffee, it's a dogs life!
attachment.php

Attachments

• wood-LWC.jpg
    wood-LWC.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Fire-J-LWC.jpg
    Fire-J-LWC.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG2114.jpg
    IMAG2114.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG2117.jpg
    IMAG2117.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 97
  • stream-LWC.jpg
    stream-LWC.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Spud-LWC.jpg
    Spud-LWC.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Jon-J-LWC.jpg
    Jon-J-LWC.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 96

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
You have my sympathy hauling that load, thanks for the write up and photographs, I hope you had a good time.

Looks like you made it all very comfortable too, Julie looks toasty warm in her onesie, and Spud looks to be spoiled :).

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
What a wonderful post.
Thanks for sharing your outing with us.
The natural world is indeed a great healer and does magic for the soul.
Your post made feel all warm inside whilst choking my throat up a little I must admit...

I hope your lady's condition improves and never stops you guys from doing the things you love .
Determination is a force to be reckoned with!

Spud is the coolest dog ever and spoiled rotten no doubt.... :)

Thanks again for sharing
👍

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE