Loch Long.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
A few pics from the weekend. Between the glorious weather and total lack of midgies we were spoiled. I'd invited a pal along and we paddled out into the sunset/moonrise on thursday then Gaillaine appeared on friday. The whole trip was pretty mellow until the last 200m of the journey back when a headwind tried to break us. It'd been steady but managable all the way and we'd sneaked along the more sheltered shoreline but at the end there was no avoiding it - it was head-down and paddle as hard as possible. I slept well last night, that's for sure.

Goil always provides a view, even when there's none. :)

LG_SEPT14_01.jpg

The wanderer returns with the paddling wanderer not far at his back.

LG_SEPT14_02.jpg

Thought I was done being surprised at the size of the mussels along this stretch....
dry_zpsd177828d.gif

LG_SEPT14_03.jpg

I'm gonna eat you little fishy.

LG_SEPT14_04.jpg

Mick picked up the sling, wandered off down the beach and turned out to be a natural.

LG_SEPT14_05.jpg

Was just making it up as he went along and it didn't seem to matter what style he tried, what shapes he twisted himself into or whether he paused mid-swing or slipped on a rock, his missiles were all going pretty much where they were supposed to. A lot of folk pick up bows and get on great from the off but it's not as usual with the sling.

LG_SEPT14_06.jpg

Stephen heads out for a morning paddle while I was out having a bit of a fish/drift.

LG_SEPT14_07.jpg

Had to be done really.

LG_SEPT14_08.jpg

Ahhhh!

LG_SEPT14_09.jpg

:)
Josh

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Stunning mate, I'm missing the noo again now :)

camp fires, lochs like glass, cast iron cook ware and axes :)

Hoping to get up soon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh the memories :D
Brilliant, really, thank you for the photos....I can almost smell the paraffin stove and the first tea brewing, and my ears are searching for the almost silent chuckle/hiss to work out what the tide's doing when the loch is a flat misty calm like that. Beautiful :D

M

Gailainne

Life Member
It was a great weekend, I drove over after work on Friday, and was on the water in brilliant sunshine by 4:00, still dont really trust my shoulder yet for paddling so cheated and used the electric outboard, very relaxing puttering along enjoying the view. The tide was in so it was an easy job to move my gear up the beach beside the Oak, by 6:00 I had the tent up, gear sorted and was having the first lager of the day.
IMG_3376.jpg
Not a bad view from the tent :)
Saturday morning was misty, but breaking up, but the views it created were amazing, photos dont do it justice.
IMG_3365.jpg

Josh out supposedly fishing, but I think just enjoying the morning
IMG_3375.jpg

Heading along to the point, generations of seagulls have been using it to break open mussels and shellfish, even when your walking on the grass, you hear the crunch of old shells.
IMG_3369.jpg

And to top of a really good day,
IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

Roll on the next one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE