Loch Lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
This isn't really my out-and-about but here's Scuba Pete and Gary heading out onto the water.

Banjos at the ready.

LL_JUL_01.jpg

The channel out of Aldochlay was choppier than I've ever seen it. Crossing it made for an interesting intro for the boys and coming back I was hit with just the sort of sudden gust that I'd been warning them about and had a hell of a time back getting to the car:rolleyes:.

The first island.

LL_JUL_02.jpg

LL_JUL_03.jpg

The first teabreak.

LL_JUL_04.jpg

Then we paddled around a bit in calm and blethered to a lad who volunteers for clean-up duty on the loch. When I left them on monday evening they were investigating a wee sheltered bay, since then the weather has been a mix of glorious and saga-awful.:D

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
They're out all week. I just popped out for the day but now that I'm back in the office I'm wishing I'd taken more holidays and stayed out with them.:rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Those photos put me in the notion for water again :D

It's hard to beat that area for scenery if the weather is anyway half decent.

cheers,
mary

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
Looks like they're getting good use of my pfd's and duluth packs then. Nice looking canoe there too that you lent them Josh!:rolleyes: Mind you now that that one has gone the order has gone in for a new Pal !!;)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
There was something appropriate about the scene. It was as if all your gear had got together for a paddle without you.:)
As I said to Pete though, I still grab the Pack most of the time so if you want to take it back for a couple of weeks while you're waiting and the sun is shining.....:cool:

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Hey,

Nice pics. Yea, it was awsome and got back all safe and sound. Me and Gary took loads of pictures, I will make a new post when I get a chance.

Thanks to everyone who loaned me the stuff I needed to make this trip possible.

Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE