Loch lomond trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Going to loch lomond on wednsday for a six day camping and canoeing trip, wild camping bushcraft style,

I was wondering if any one knew any good launching spots and nice and quiet camping spots with trees and not to many joe public,

also a good spot to leave the car , any info apreciated

andy

That sound nice!
I stayed up there for a week its great. And theres a guy rents out canoes to go out on the loch, Balmaha House
Balmaha Loch Lomond if i remember rightly?
The west highland way runs between the side of lomond & Queen Elizbeth forest park.

Its lovely with many places to stop for the view & a picnic.

Althou you would have to check the fire reg.'s if you want to brew Etc.
hope your time there is good.:umbrella:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I spent a few days canoeing there a year ago or so and its lovely. We left our car at a campsite near luss and the guy only charged us a few quid. Sorry but i cant remember the name of the place as it was my brother who found and he is away with the mob at the min.
Best to just pop into any loch side camp/caravan sites around Luss and ask if you could park there for a few nights and pay them a few quid. I find if the car is parked safe rather than just on the side of the road for six days there is less chance of any problems and less chance of having to cut short your trip ;)

Good luck and have a great time as its a beautiful place.

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
I spent a few days canoeing there a year ago or so and its lovely. We left our car at a campsite near luss and the guy only charged us a few quid. Sorry but i cant remember the name of the place as it was my brother who found and he is away with the mob at the min.
Best to just pop into any loch side camp/caravan sites around Luss and ask if you could park there for a few nights and pay them a few quid. I find if the car is parked safe rather than just on the side of the road for six days there is less chance of any problems and less chance of having to cut short your trip ;)

Good luck and have a great time as its a beautiful place.

Thanks for that matey, i am willing to pay a few quid to ensure that the car is safe

Thanks Andy

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
As far as normal carparks go Balmaha would be your best bet for that length of time.

It's a big carpark, free and I've never worried about leaving the car there(but then I have very little respect for my car and happily dump it any-old-where).

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Balmaha is also a good place to start off from with easy paddling access to some of the islands that are suitable for camping.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Have a good trip, bear in mind in trees there will be many midges, hopefully it will be wind for you. I'm sure you will follow the SOAC, enjoy. May be out early next week in a sea kayak, I'll spot you and have a cuppa off you.

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE