Loch Lomond "inchconnachan" (picture heavy i think ? lol)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
Morrius said:
That really does look like a fantastic location. I've wanted to visit it for a while. Assuming I can get all my gear on the plane without being arrested (must look this up), what are my chances of getting to loch lomond without a car? It would make sense to fly to the nearest airport and then get a taxi or coach out to lomond. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from Bristol to Loch Lomond?

Beautiful, amazing pictures incidentally. Really inspiring.

I assume that you don't intend to bring a canoe? :eek: You could probably hire one at McFarlanes tho.... ;)

Fly to Glasgow airport and get the shuttle bus to Paisley Gilmour Street, jump on the train to Glas Central, take the train to Dalmuir and change for Balloch, thats you there! :D

Alternatively, a taxi from the Airport to Balloch should be no more than about £20

You know you want to! :D

Morrius

Oct 16, 2006
Bristol
mojofilter said:
I assume that you don't intend to bring a canoe? :eek: You could probably hire one at McFarlanes tho.... ;)

Fly to Glasgow airport and get the shuttle bus to Paisley Gilmour Street, jump on the train to Glas Central, take the train to Dalmuir and change for Balloch, thats you there! :D

Alternatively, a taxi from the Airport to Balloch should be no more than about £20

You know you want to! :D

I do intend to hire a canoe for the weekend from a nearby place. This shouldn't actually be that expensive a trip hopefully, though I'll have to gather all the relevant gear first (a long way off yet...) I really value this advice, absolutely perfect, thanks.

EDIT - Can anyone advise roughly how much I can expect to pay for a canoe each day? Can I rent a canoe, disappear off into the wilds and turn up four days later, and expect to pay for four days worth of rental (for example!). Is it a case of having the return the canoe each evening, and re-rent it in the morning? Apologies for all the questions - can't find much info on google!

Morrius

Oct 16, 2006
Bristol
Sounds like a good deal for someone in the market for a canoe. Unfortunately I don't (won't) have a car, so a permanent canoe isn't much use to me :( From what little I know about canoe prices, those seem like a bargain though.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
If needs be and you can't hire a canoe I'm sure I can lend you my canoe ( nova craft prospector)and paddles etc for your stay if I'm not out in it that week. I live in Glasgow ( doh!! Hamilton now!! ) so it shouldn't be that hard to give you it. Your not getting the duluth packs though!!! :D

Morrius

Oct 16, 2006
Bristol
jamesoconnor said:
If needs be and you can't hire a canoe I'm sure I can lend you my canoe ( nova craft prospector)and paddles etc for your stay if I'm not out in it that week. I live in Glasgow ( doh!! Hamilton now!! ) so it shouldn't be that hard to give you it. Your not getting the duluth packs though!!! :D

Woah. That's so kind of you, I really don't know what to say! I'll bear that in mind as I plan my trip (still in the stage where I'm putting my 'solo' kit together).

Thankyou so much for the offer!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE