loch ken

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allybally

Forager
Feb 23, 2006
Glasgow
Sorry i canny make this one lads, shame as its Gaz's birthday weekend. might make the Red Squirrel meet in Feb though.

well i popped along on friday night for my first meet.
found the campsite noprobs as i could hear them all they way from maybole.
my first bit of bushcraft was shown to me seconds after i was welcomed in around the stove( how to open a bottle without a bottle openner lol back to basics)
all joking aside great bunch of guys very friendly and welcomed me with open hands. stuart pointed out afew thing to me on our walk so thats the start of my learning.
the rest of the boys where very helpful and chatty pluss more than happy to show me their kits and make sure i was alright and settled for the night.

so thank you so much and am sure you will all be seeing me again

marc

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Great to meet you Marc, glad you had a good time, be great to see you at our next meet.

Hi Kat, hopefully you can make the next meet, just got your pm. You wont need your kayak anyway plenty of the boys have their canoes at the meets and your more than welcome to have a wee go.

Thanks to all the usual suspects for popping along to this meet, once we got everyone in the right place lol, sorry Stuart. A greater bunch of guys you will never meet, especially Ally who thought he could walk on water, how did that work out for you mate haha. Special thanks to our good friend and patient teacher who freely passed on his vast knowledge and skills to the group, as was pointed out your a genius haha.

Also many thanks to my bestie who assisted without moaning in true manservant style in setting up my new tipi and stove for the first time, your a star big man. And to the brave sissy boy who camped under his canoe all weekend, you know who you are nancy drew (jinsin) lol.

Last edited:

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Marc, it was good to meet yourself, and thanks for the cup of tea. Aye it was a good meet, the banter was on form as always.
We awoke this morning to snow. I myself left early as the snow was getting worse, and the drive back to Castle Douglas was pretty bad in certain areas, infact Dumfries was taking the brunt of the snow.
So i just now have to unpack the van and get my kit sorted out.

To the rest of the guys, thanks for a great time again, and roll on the next one.

Cheers Stuart.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
How on Earth did I miss this thread???

Oh, I remember; Christmas and New year in bed/bathroom floor wi flu...

Damnaggit and tarnation.

Liam

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
It was great ti meet you Marc , glad you enjoyed yer night wi the mad sqad ,, brilliant laugh as usual ,
we awoke to a white oot this morning , i made a sharp exit cause my van is crap in the snow , so we headed down ti Croy shore and got the breakfast on , then it was a nice leisurely drive home ... i hope Ally the pond diver is ok ,, yer a legend bud .. cheers guys ..

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
What tents were used lads and what one's worked/let you down?

Liam

The tipi was a Bison 6/8 man tipi complete with frontier stove, worked a treat, lovely and warm all weekend and had somewhere between 9 and 11 people in it all weekend keeping warm and cooking their meals, top tent and really easy to put up and take down and handled the wild conditions easily.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE