loch ken

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Loch Ken meet up 11 - 13th January 2013

Having a wee meet up at loch ken next weekend, anyone is more than welcome to pop along, i will be taking my Canadian open canoe if anyone wishes a wee go and little bit of instruction, also planning on a little bushcraft this trip, so far its just me and peterlee paddler on the trip.

1. COLIN (coln18)
2. Tony (peterlee paddler)

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
There'll be room in my canoe too for a stowaway if anyone wants to join in.
It's the Galloway Activity Centre (DG7 3NQ) in Parton where we camp.

Last edited:

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
I should be able to make this one. So is it strictly tents? What about open fires and such like, and the use of a chute. Sorry for all the questions, its just i,ve never been to loch Ken before.

Cheers Stuart.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
it will be tent or tarp and firebox the first night but after that we can move onto one of the islands or another bit of the loch stuart, i will check with big Tony about other sites and post up for tomorrow mate

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
im going to head up for early to mid afternoon Friday to set my new tent up in the light. does anyone going have a firebox we can use in case there not happy with open fires at the site. Also wouldnt be a bad idea to bring a few bags of logs up each as well on the friday until we can go collect some firewood next day.

galavanter

Aug 1, 2011
southwestscotland
ifyou havent been to the loch before across from the campsite the river comes in its a wee bit shallow near the top end but well worth going its known to the local kayakers as the duck pond ,regards the island just watch where you are putting your feet in the busy season its uses are questionable .The view under the Boat o rhone viaduct looking north when the suns going down is beautiful

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
right theres been a change to the plans, we are all heading for loch doon instead, the outdoor centre were charging far too much for camping and gazs campervan, so we have decided to head down to loch doon instead.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE