Moonlight on the water
051.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great pics fella

That looks like one of those trips you wont forget in a hurry, great weather, stunning scenery, quiet beaches etc etc.

How did it go in the hammock ??

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Yep brilliant couple of days but Gill needs to get a canoe for a 50" waist. Ha Ha! The temperature was super hot both days and it was glorious, I even got me legs out for you all, those are the ghostly white things connected to my feet, very quiet apart from some deer givin it laldy at 1 o'clock in the morning on the other side of the lake from us. Midgies were a bit of a nusiance but nothing really major so Gill came out in his fishnet suit (bit kinky) but it seemed to do the trick for him alright. I bought a couple of those mozzie bands from Aldi's and tried them out on the midgies, I just hope they work better on the mozzies is all I can say cos they did'nt do a thing against the dreaded B52 midgie. We went on a pignut safari, my first ever, and very nice too.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
As if it wasn't enough to torture folk telling them you were off for a mid week jaunt you have to go posting pictures too.:rolleyes:

Looks like a good 'un. :)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Next time we'll need to take the rods and line and get a permit.

The crayfish claws will be from the American signal species that was accidentally released into the water a few years ago.

I had a look at night with the torch and saw some wee ones but not sure if they were our native fellas or wee signals.

The locale is a Red Kite release area and there are more without wing tags coming in and/or nests being missed by the ringers.( I hope to be in attendance at a nest for that some time).

Big thanks to John,Gill and Gav for excellent company and Gill for sharing the canoe.

There were quite a few Pignut around.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
aye it was agreat wee trip. thanks Tam and john. weather was perfect ! hope to get a wee trip again soon.

Picture2009.jpg

Picture2007.jpg

Picture2000.jpg

Picture2017.jpg

Picture1997.jpg

Picture2004.jpg

Picture2009.jpg

Picture2018.jpg

Picture1995.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE