Loch Help please, something just north of the border.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I think its going to be a no go this weekend, has anyone seen the wather forecast? :(
Rain and cold i dont mind, wind yeah a bit but 70mph gusts!! Hold onto your hats up there folks.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Aye up here if you let the weather put you off going out on your free weekends you'd hardly ever be out of the house .

Better to just get out there and see what mother nature can throw at you !

You just have to be prepared .

Craig............

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Camping weather yeah, canoeing weather no no, dont fancy becoming a statistic or getting the poor blokes in orange out of their warm beds.
I will still be off out to the woods ;)

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Camping weather yeah, canoeing weather no,,, I will still be off out to the woods ;)

what you on about mate, still time to order a windpaddle for loch trool, i used it there about 2 weeks ago, with 70mph gusts i reckon it would be fun, you would do one end of the loch to the other in about 2.5 seconds.....

Ok youd probably be upside down at the time, but where is your spirit of adventure.....

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
We go down to our local beach with our sit-on-top kayaks in a force 6-7 cos you get better waves for surfing .

but then again we spend as much time in the water as on it . not really canoe weather .

Craig...........

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
We go down to our local beach with our sit-on-top kayaks in a force 6-7 cos you get better waves for surfing .

but then again we spend as much time in the water as on it . not really canoe weather .

Craig...........

Thats one reason i would like to try the kayaks one day, with a dry suit of course. In a canoe though, nay chance!

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
The north sea at this time of year a dry suit is a must .

Saying that i was in the sea a few times last summer in a wet suit and it was still bloody cold !

but still great fun .

Craig........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE