Loch Fyne

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Had a nice wee four day trip there. Out at Scotty's again.

Gailainne's rig gets more impressive every time I see it.

LF_JUN_01.jpg

LF_JUN_02.jpg

LF_JUN_03.jpg

Home-sweet-home.

LF_JUN_04.jpg

Friday was hot.

LF_JUN_05.jpg

Numpties ahoy!

LF_JUN_06.jpg

Scott not looking bothered about his snapped paddle. Kev not looking phazed by his first time in a canoe turning into a four hour saga. As lumpy as it may look here it's nothing to what it was like an hour or so earlier.

LF_JUN_07.jpg

We watched a pod of dolphins hunting the loch mouth when we were out last month. Was good to see them again closer to shore this time.

LF_JUN_08.jpg

A few pics from a wander up the hill. Click the panorama for a bigger image.

LF_JUN_09.jpg

LF_JUN_10.jpg

:)
Josh

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful :D

Friday was a killer heat, and the photos show the whole, "Don't like the weather ? Hang on there'll be another kind along shortly." don't they ? :D

Thanks for sharing,
atb,
M

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Lovely lumpy water for you again Josh :)

Glad it quitened down this time for you all.

Nice pics, thanks for posting.

Gailainne

Life Member
I took a few photos, too busy playing with all the toys I took down :rolleyes:

These were taken on the Friday morning, just glorious, the boat shot is about 6:30
Earlymorning.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

Saturday, the weather changed a bit :rolleyes:
IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

The camp
IMG_2915.jpg

Scott and Kevin's triumphant arrival
IMG_2928.jpg

I thought this was a plane at first, I kid you not, no movement at all from its wings
Geagle.jpg

Zoomed in, A Golden Eagle in all its glory.
Geagle-1.jpg

Brilliant 4 days, really just what the doctor ordered to chill me out. And no ticks !!! first trip in the summer EVER with no ticks embedded somewhere or other :eek:.

Stephen

Last edited:

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Stephen that canoe of yours is getting more like a yacht every time i see it ,are you planning a round the world solo trip ?:lmao:
Looks good though !!

Jason

Ps All good pics !

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Aye. Was a bit bouncy. Not too windy but the waves were coming in from the loch mouth so had twenty-odd miles of fetch.
The worst were bigger pairs. You'd drop down the trough between them then the second wave would break right on top of you. We were bailing all the way too and I was kneeling in a good three inch puddle at one point.
The cold and drizzle robbed it of some of the entertainment factor but even with it being miserable and borderline dodgy it wasn't too bad.

A-hula-hula-hula-hu!

(Decided that bouncy canoe trips are best likened to using hula-hoops, so naturally were singing mock Hawaiian songs at the worst bits :) )

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE