Loch Fyne Gathering 8th-10th Sept

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I just checked all my kit, raring to go, anyone thinking about it really should just throw caution to the wind and come join us, great folks, leather work, fishing, foraging, banter, rain, midgies and so much more i'm sure, it really is beautiful up there

20140726_082011.jpg 20140726_082048.jpg 20140726_081856.jpg 20140725_210409.jpg 10473425_10100931867761941_4477640790973490569_n.jpg

Aug 17, 2017
Scotland
Transport still a challenge, but if anyone is passing through Glasgow and has space for one more, let me know! Looks great and would love to join you all :) I would be using my hammock too.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I have no idea mate as myself im also there by hook and crook, bus>train>get lift and pay some petrol :D an same on way back home

Aug 17, 2017
Scotland
I have no idea mate as myself im also there by hook and crook, bus>train>get lift and pay some petrol :D an same on way back home

Thanks GGTBod - hope to make it - i'll make some more enquiries. Happy to do the same for anyone reading and able regards fuel etc - Regards ;)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks GGTBod - hope to make it - i'll make some more enquiries. Happy to do the same for anyone reading and able regards fuel etc - Regards ;)

I know it is very easy to get almost all of the way there via public transport as I have done it, cost me 3 quid on the bus from Arrochar and Tarbet (north end Loch Lomond) to Glasgow Buchannen street station for me and a 100ltr rucksack, from Fyne to Arrochar though i cadged a lift so i don't know about public transport from there as it is about 20 mile west of here, everyone driving up have to pass through this village unless they have taken the ferry so if anyone did have a spare seat they would probably be driving through this point as there is only one road in and out

Last edited:

wales1

Aug 3, 2011
dumfriesshire
Bod/maverick - only just seen this. if you can arrange pick up point convenient for us passing by glasgow from lockerbie we will have room in the motor for one more. We will be aiming to leave lockerbie at 11am, so will be around Glasgow for around 12:15. If you can get somewhere closer to the route through we will pick up :)

I'm in work just now. Bod - just let me know the arrangements later. Catch you in the morn!

Cheers

Steve

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014

Cheers Steve I had no idea how full your vehicle would be with boat and all, nice one.

Well Maverick you've scored there mate there is a seat but you need to be able to get to an easy pickupable point on on drive up to Trossachs as we pass Glasgow from Lockerbie at around 12.15 pm friday

I am not the driver but looking on maps it looks like M74 north to M8 to A82 northbound will be our route, are you anywhere near that route path, can you get to it?

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Ohh aye extra info @Maverick we head up Friday and come back Monday in that vehicle, some folks are heading home sunday IIRC

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Cool stuff John, doesn't look like the fella is come back online with time to arrange, I literally came online now just to check if he'd replied, i'll be getting packed n getting my head down after this, i'll check again before i go to bed

Aug 17, 2017
Scotland
Just back from a late shift, you guys are incredible, would it still be possible? The woods are calling! I live near the M8 junction. Literally next to the Kingston Bridge.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Like i said mate checking in before bed, gonna pm you my number

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Looks like we are working on another for November, no date or location set yet like

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Ahhh man what a great little trip I really needed that few days with a bunch of like minded nutters, unique and original freaks the lot os us and we should be humbly proud of that, can't wait for the next one, once I have slept i'll get my pics loaded up

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE