Loch Fyne Gathering 8th-10th Sept

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
A few of us are planning another meet (what we call our Highland Bushcraft Gathering) at Loch Fyne from Friday 8th to Sunday 10th September. Our meets are always informal, just rock up and enjoy yourself whether it's sharing skills or just getting out and relaxing.

Bod knows the site and has given these coordinates 56.076759,-5.253626 - link here for google maps
Cars can be parked just off the B road. Basically we will be in that location all weekend.

We love skill sharing, so I'll be running some form of leather workshop, it's looking like a waxed leather tankard (I do ask anyone wanting to take part to chip in a tenner to cover materials cost that's all). A few of the others may also be showing various skills its undecided yet. Likewise if you have anything to share, please come along and get involved.

Anyone wanting to come along, if you could just comment on here or get in touch so we have an idea of numbers, and know to look out for anyone. Cheers

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Nice one Hamish, there are several fresh water streams running down into the sea loch, depending on plant levels it can be a pia to get too so it is advisable to bring some water too as sometimes during this time of year the streams are very low flow rate, I'll be taking 20 ltr just for my cups of tea n coffee lol

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The loch is packed with delicious fresh mackerel and crustaceans, the shore is heaving with shellfish too so plenty of foraging prospects.

Bring midge protection ;) :D

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
The loch is packed with delicious fresh mackerel and crustaceans, the shore is heaving with shellfish too so plenty of foraging prospects.

Bring midge protection ;) :D

I think a group forage is in order ;)

Could be tempted by this, hopefully I'm free that weekend

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

the more the merrier :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Last time I was up there with had a small dinghy and we were going like 50ft off shore and the mackerel were virtually jumping in the boat

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks @Dreadhead - sounds good! I will investigate transport.

I know it is very easy to get from Glasgow to Arrochar and tarbet at the north end of Loch Lomond, it is about 20 mile west of here, last time i got from there to loch fyne i did it with shanks pony and hitching, only took a few hours. but the bus up from Glasgow bus station was only about $3 each way

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Spot on that's me all sorted, just got my train ticket to meet up wi Steve at Lockerbie, really looking forward to getting up in those mountains again, it was July 2014 last time i was at Loch Fyne and it was part of my first mostly solo extended camping trip, ended up being out there for 3 weeks living on 3 different lochs (2 salt and 1 fresh water) and attending two different wilderness living courses in 2 different parts of Scotland whilst i was out there, so mad looking back i was soo bloody green and hooked to the outdoors and i really didn't want to go home back to the city and the first week back was mental torture, learnt so much about myself and that i could live outdoors and enjoy it, had some mad adventures since then and plenty more to come, i still have the very first spoon i carved on that journey and i was just oiling it yesterday

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE