Loch Chon, Ard Trip : Advice needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

One of my friends asked me to arrange a fishing trip as he hadn't been out and about for a while and I was thinking of going up to Loch Chon or Loch Ard.

Thing I need to know is , is there anywhere up there for parking the car near the Loch. I'm taking the tarp and hammock as its an overnighter, so I checked google maps and used street view but could only find passing places next to loch, looks like plenty places to set up camp ,but no where to leave the car. I usually just go up to Lubnaig or Loch Earn, but htese are always busy at weekends, so was looking for somewhere in that area, thats why I though of Chon or Ard.

Any ideas? or has anyone any experience of these Loch's.

thanks

andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There are a couple of places to park at Chon, not sure about Ard though. I've parked at NN427 047 before without any problems.

Don't expect a quiet night though, it's popular with the neds round there apart from during the middle of winter.

You'd have to check the fishing side of it but I'd be tempted to head for Stronachlachar on Katrine, park the car at the jetty and head off from there.

What about Voil, is that an option ? Again you'd have to check the fishing rules.

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Hi Andy, I fish the Ard in Winter. There's a couple of parking places. A layby area just before or after (depending on which way you're coming) the big MacDonald Forest Hills hotel opposite the farm gate - this is where most of the fisherman park. Or there's a car park by the old school towards Kinlochleven. The Lochs bailiffed by the farmer or the people from the cafe - I think it's £5 a day. - used to be the yacht club I think & they hire fishing boats. I've not seen any neds on the Ard myself as the local farmer doesn't suffer fools & doesn't allow overnighters, someone I know turned up at 10:30pm one freezing December night & he was rousted out of his slumber at 1:00am & told to pack up & hop it - he wasn't even fishing!! Lovely place though. Enjoy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE