Loch Awe ( in the next few weeks ) anyone?

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
My mate and I have managed to keep four weekends wife and girlfriend free between now and mid May, and we'll be going on the first of these weekends with a good forecast. If anyone would like to join us for all or part of the trip you're very welcome.The weekends that we've "put aside" are next weekend (27th to 30th March inclusive), the first weekend in April (3rd to 6th inclusive) or one of the first two weekends in May (1st to 4th or 8th to 11th inclusive).

If you can make it, our plans are roughly detailed below, which takes in the major features of the northern two thirds of the loch. We paddled the southern third last year, and while it was very good, most of the interest does appear to be in the north.

Friday:

Drive up to Loch Awe, leaving Cumbria early and hoping to be on the water by 1 pm.
From Dalavich, north along western shore to Eilean a’ Chrochaidh Woods (GR NN 026 205): 7miles.

Saturday :

Eilean a’ Chrochaidh Woods, north along western shore to northern Loch Awe and tour of islands: 13 miles.

Sunday:

Northern Loch Awe to Kilchurn Castle, then south down eastern shore before crossing loch to Caledonian Forest Reserve ( GR NN 010 190): 13 miles.

Monday:

Caledonian Forest Reserve, south to Innis Chonnel and Innis Sea-Ramhach, then crossing to Dalavich: 7 miles.
Drive home and think about where to go next year.

Cheers, Michael.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll say yes to April 3rd - 6th MIchael

I'll provisionally book the days off when I get into work on Monday, I can easily cancel them if you go for another date :)

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
I'll say yes to April 3rd - 6th MIchael

I'll provisionally book the days off when I get into work on Monday, I can easily cancel them if you go for another date :)

Let's hope it's that weekend then Rich, it'll be good to meet up. I'd prefer to go sooner rather than later, weather permitting, as it means that I'll be able to get my eldest lad out on a trip to Loch Ken before the midge season kicks in. Have you got your Pack yet?

Cheers, Michael.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
It looks like we'll be heading out this weekend. One of the lads has had to back out, so there's a spare bow ( front ) seat available. Suitable for someone with little or no paddling experience who fancies a few days out on the loch.

Cheers, Michael.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have a good one chaps

Hopefully I'll be a little further south getting some practice in on Lomond or Chon on Sunday

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE