Location planning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I've got a weeks annual leave in November to use up, anyone know of any locations where me and a friend can camp in a forest environment in England or Wales?

We'll be camping in a 8 man lavvu and will be practising bushcraft skills, firecraft, no hunting planned.

We're in Derby if that helps but we really want to travel and see somewhere different.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Not far at all mate. I'm game :) what's the dates? Just to get it sorted with work. I'm off the 2nd week anyway but I should be able to move that around a bit

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Could you not camp in the grounds of your mansion Grotzy? It would be more convenient for the footmen to deliver the evening meals and the foot warmers.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Unfortunately not Dewi, Ma-mah says I'm getting too spoilt and need to get out to see how the serfs live. No footmen for me.

You up for camping?

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
We can go Micks I'll just have to find something to camp under lol

The 8 man would be a squeeze is all its more suited for hammocking or small tents. Brockwell is a good site though and close to shops (by shops I mean the black bull, best punk bar in the north east) and stuff like that.

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Lol we'll stick to Brockwell then, it's also ideal for me being able to drive straight up to the site with no footmen around to carry me or my gear

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Lol we'll stick to Brockwell then, it's also ideal for me being able to drive straight up to the site with no footmen around to carry me or my gear

Haha, yeah you're talking a 50 yard walk to the car maximum. You looking at making it a few days?

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Yeah we were thinking of doing Monday to Friday

Good stuff man. Ill tag along for a couple of days at least :). Loads to do in Newcastle if the fancy takes you too. Even if they are the enemy ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE