Lobster/crab/prawn Pots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
My brother caught this last week whilst we were beach camping, just snorkeled down at dusk and grabbed it off the seabed, nice size to about 16in,he had it for his lunch when we got back
DSC08966.jpg

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
butephoto, tried edible crab not really a fan, much prefer the texture and taste of lobster,never thought about velvet swimming crab as food, theres some big b***er's round here as well.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
I used to do it as a kid with proper lobster pots. Wait til low tide, find a rocky point, spin around like a hammer thrower while trying not to get tangled in the rope, and chuck it in the sea. Tie off and haul the next day. Was never lucky enough to get a lobster that way, had to wait til I was older and got my own boat. But got plenty of brown crab. I've fished velvets commercially, but must confess that I've never actually tried to eat one.

Got to say, that guy was lucky to just pick a lobster off the seabed!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE