Little Trip Planned.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cael Nu Mara

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 8, 2008
Highlands
Got told today that the gaffer wants around 10 acres of woodland felled next week, its a mixture of rowan and birch, nothing to exciting there then. However the bit he wants felled is VERY inacesable, although only around 400m. it is not accesable in an argo, the only way in or out is by foot or garron. So that rules out a husky saw, the plan is for me and Jamie, the other understalker, to trog up on monday morning and camp (my idea :D) at the spot until we have finished/run out of food. So it looks like a good little jaunt for the GB SFA as not much of the rowan is thicker than your wrist. I have no idea why ive posted this but oh well :)

Sam

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
And you're getting paid for it too? I don't know, talk about perks of the job. You won't run short of firewood by the sounds of it either.

Incidentally, I was on Google maps the other day planning next spring's canoe trip, and I saw a place called Ceol Na Mara on Loch Sunart. Have you named yourself after this? I know the spelling's different, but place names don't always survive contact with cartographers.

Cheers, Michael.

Cael Nu Mara

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 8, 2008
Highlands
And you're getting paid for it too? I don't know, talk about perks of the job. You won't run short of firewood by the sounds of it either.

Incidentally, I was on Google maps the other day planning next spring's canoe trip, and I saw a place called Ceol Na Mara on Loch Sunart. Have you named yourself after this? I know the spelling's different, but place names don't always survive contact with cartographers.

Cheers, Michael.

Nope, it means "Music of the sea" in the scotch ;) And with regards to the perks bit, someones gotta do it :D

Sam

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
sounds like fun actually, fair bit of land to clear, live rough. almost like the old loggers but on a much smaller scale :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE