little scandi just finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
I agree about Scandi being a poor choice for battoning, but my comment still stands, you only have to watch some of the bushcraft type reviews on youtube about fixed blades that thicker is better.

Anyway it's a lovely knife mark. (I still have one of marks earlier knives a little chopper he called it :) )

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I agree about Scandi being a poor choice for battoning, but my comment still stands, you only have to watch some of the bushcraft type reviews on youtube about fixed blades that thicker is better.

Anyway it's a lovely knife mark. (I still have one of marks earlier knives a little chopper he called it :) )

So the forest dwellers since prehistory in Fenno Scandia are wrong?

juliojordio1983

Forager
Oct 15, 2015
Blackpool
So the forest dwellers since prehistory in Fenno Scandia are wrong?

Maybe i'm not being very clear....

I would not choose a Scandi to batton with as a first choice, i agree with other comments there.

What I was attempting to address, was that IMHO, it seems that a lot of people (myself not being one of them!!) think that thicker stock is better. End of. I was attempting to explain their rationale, ie; they think its stronger as an example. If you re-read my post carefully, you will see that I said "some people think thicker is better" I didnt say "I personally think thicker is better"

I agree, if i battoned alot, I wouldnt use my Bushcrafter in Scandi grind, i would use one of my axes. However, that doesnt mean I havent used my Bushcrafter to Batton the odd log, and since my Bushcrafter Scandi has a very light convex edge added to it, Battoning is no problem for my knife.

Last edited:

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
been working on the sheaths for these today, always get anxious working with leather as so easy to mess it up. they'll need wet forming/shaping and finishing once the knives are finished

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE