little rant

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Why is it that these are perfectly legal to sell?

$(KGrHqF,!iUF!p-YzL0hBQ(Wu559gg~~60_35.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKnME52NRU9wTBOjFmyIiL!~~60_12.JPG

Surely they contravene s90 of the Police Act 1996 and s46 of the Police Reform Act 2002, every time i see one i just ponder about stupid things like this, this in particular winds me up on end.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
If you live in an area where horses are ridden on the roads, yet it's also an area blighted by idiot tourists then these have prevented many a rider getting injured or killed because some **** has driven past too fast.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
As a polite question; why does it set you off?

Polite notice not Police notice that's how they will get away with it.

I'm aware the words are not the same but the way in which it is stylised (white font colour, typeface used, black background, blue & white batanberg edging), from a distance it's not overly clear of what is on the jacket but you see the black background, the font and the blue & white batanberg and you might think mounted police officer.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
I think they are perfectly acceptable for cyclists, horse riders & pedestrians to wear when out on roads. It is certainly going to get a drivers attention and make them slow down.

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
We had lots of issues where I live with reproduction Lifeguard tops being sold, there was worry that time could be lost if a real lifeguard was needed and someone wasted there effort tracking down another tourist.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
I dont see any impersonation here,,it says 'polite' not 'police'................even though at a first glance you may see police.......

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
its a high viz vest !!!!! get over yourself !! if it makes people look twice and slow down then it works :) where is the impersonating a police officer come into it ???

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
So you're saying that when my boy starts riding soon, on a very tiny pony, in some country lanes, he (a 3 year old) is going to be breaking the law for wearing one of those?

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Not really idiot tourists racing along narrow lanes down here, more likely idiot delivery vans and idiots returning from work. Nothing wrong with the vests. Although were I a criminal I would try to carry a hi-viz vest labelled something like OBSERVER or TRAINEE in order to walk away from a crime scene after hanging round for a bit and been told to get out of the way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE