Little dinner

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Wood sorrell is delicious, and makes a great palate cleanser. However, it is not especially good for you in large quantities due to the oxalates that give it the flavour. Still, it is one of my favourites...

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Niels, nice looking meal there. As for the the Ladys Smock, if you remember your post some time ago, where i mentioned looking at the stamens(male part), to ID the plant. Well this plant will have the same stamen pattern as the plant you posted about back then, ie six, 4 long 2 short, this tells you they are related to each other, in other words they are both from the Mustard family. If you check theses plant as they grow, you will notice that they will both produce seed pods, which spiral around the stem. Even though they are seperate species, and have different coloured petals,they are like cousins,if that makes sense.

Anyway i hope this helps you in you plant ID quest.

Cheers Stuart.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Hi Niels, nice looking meal there. As for the the Ladys Smock, if you remember your post some time ago, where i mentioned looking at the stamens(male part), to ID the plant. Well this plant will have the same stamen pattern as the plant you posted about back then, ie six, 4 long 2 short, this tells you they are related to each other, in other words they are both from the Mustard family. If you check theses plant as they grow, you will notice that they will both produce seed pods, which spiral around the stem. Even though they are seperate species, and have different coloured petals,they are like cousins,if that makes sense.

Anyway i hope this helps you in you plant ID quest.

Cheers Stuart.

Thanks. That another part of the puzzle coming together. :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wood sorrell is delicious, and makes a great palate cleanser. However, it is not especially good for you in large quantities due to the oxalates that give it the flavour. Still, it is one of my favourites...

True of common sorrel - and Oca - as well

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You have to eat a lot over a long period. They are unlikely to make you feel immediately ill unless you eat a lot of something like rhubarb leaf which contains a lot. They can lead to crystals forming in the urinary tract, kidneys etc. though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE