Lining my heatshield for lavvu chimney

relin

Sep 29, 2010
Chesham
Lining my heatshield for lavvu chimney
Hey guys,

Got a cracking new stove from camping solutions a while back for use with my lavvu.

Unfortunatly it doesnt come with any form of spark arrestor, rain guard or heat shield so i set about making my own!

Ive got a 4" ali stove pipe over the top of the internal 2" stove pipe to act as a heat shield but when the stove was fully stoked the heat shield got rather warm (burn to touch) and as a result the polycotten of the lavvu got rather warm. Now this is probably fine as polycotton is fire retardant but as im rather safety consious and worried about burning my tent down while im asleep i started to come up with a few ideas to make the pipe cool to touch.

Sooo, i bought one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

And now need to fine someone to secure it to the INSIDE of the heat shield (to reflect heat back at the inner stove pipe)

My concerns are:

Most glues are flammable and the foil mat is backed by a material that looks porous,.

Most glue wont take a huge amount of heat.

One of the people at work mentioned mebbe getting a spring that kinda worked in reverse, pinning the ali mat to the outer pipe but i cant even work out what something like this would be called in able to buy it.

Any suggestions?

Ta

Andy

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
When I click on the link I get "This listing () has been removed, or this item is not available." So I'm not sure what sort of thing it is.

Anyway, could you not drill some holes in the heat shield, make corresponding holes in the liner thingy, and use screws and washers to hold everything in place?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE