Lil Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
englishrose.222.tripod.com
Hi Guys

As you can see it is my usual style..cough…puff…..errrr, but perhaps a lil litler. :)

I have marked it out and cut it to shape from a piece of 01 flat stock carbon steel - what do you think so far???

Tracy.. :)

Ebay3936.jpg

Ebay3710.jpg

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
hehe that's adorable! And will be a real credit to your skills when you finish that off to the same high quality as your other ones ;)

I know a guy up on Skye who makes little necklace knives - they look just like a normal knife, but scaled down to an OA length of about 2 inches... really cool stuff!

Marijn

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
The Netherlands
Tracy!!

I love it!

And you know, those li'll buggers make excelent cutters for small chores!!

A nice little sheath with it and its a beauty of a key-chain knife!!

P.s. send you a pm on BB about some wood.

Marijn said:
Tracy!!

I love it!

And you know, those li'll buggers make excelent cutters for small chores!!

A nice little sheath with it and its a beauty of a key-chain knife!!

P.s. send you a pm on BB about some wood.

just have to be carefull as it would still be an illegal carry with out reason .. Officer :D and on keys easy to forget about :eek:

not knowing :confused: what would you use it for as to me it sort of looks usful but i cant put my finger on what for ??

ATB

Duncan

Marijn

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
The Netherlands
FGYT said:
just have to be carefull as it would still be an illegal carry with out reason .. Officer :D and on keys easy to forget about :eek:

not knowing :confused: what would you use it for as to me it sort of looks usful but i cant put my finger on what for ??

ATB

Duncan

:rolleyes: For you guys its illegal :rolleyes:

Fortunately for me, i can carry such a knife as EDC

It would be a usefull little thing to cut you everyday anoying things like those nylon ribbons the use around boxes etc.

Englishrose222

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2006
Devon
englishrose.222.tripod.com
Hi Guys

You do make me laugh.. :lmao: i remember why i don't go out anymore. ;)

JoJo - i haven't decided on what handle wood to apply, perhaps you can make some suggestions??? :cool:

FGYT - What's it for Officer??? It's for cleaning my nails of course Officer??? :rolleyes:

Marijn - i got your e-mail.. :p ;) :You_Rock_

ddokkum - aahhh, we keep bumping into each other everywhere. If you want to see more pictures, i'll show you some all along the way until i finish it. ;)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Englishrose222 said:
Hi Guys
JoJo - i haven't decided on what handle wood to apply, perhaps you can make some suggestions??? :cool:

Well, because its going to be a very small nkife, i'd go for a wood whose grain would not overwhelm the design, so fine grain. If you like dark wood, you could use some Indian Anjan, dark red streaked with black and sometimes speckled. I like Osage Orange, although its a coarser grain, its a nice dense wood, going from bright yellow to orange. Another yellow is Piquia Amarello, which is use for small carvings.
http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/
You should be able to get these woods, among many more exotics, from these people. They have a good paper catalogue as well you can order from their website. Normal disclaimer, blahblah!!nothing to do with them..... :D

Marijn

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2006
The Netherlands
Englishrose222 said:
*cut*

Marijn - i got your e-mail.. :p ;) :You_Rock_
Well do ya have it :rolleyes:

Englishrose222 said:
ddokkum - aahhh, we keep bumping into each other everywhere. If you want to see more pictures, i'll show you some all along the way until i finish it. ;)

Knowing your production speed it will take you all of 2 hours to finish it :D

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Very nice Trace!

That needs snakewood!!! you must have an offcut. or a small piece of antler, or some ivory micarta or some boxwood

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
That's a nice little thing you have there, looking forward to seeing it finished :)

Here are a couple of little ones I'm working on to give you inspiration :D

viking.jpg

minisanke1.jpg

minisanke2.jpg

they are both forged from High carbon steel, and heat treated properly so these are real knives on the small side :)

The bottom one has mosaic pins, filework and a figured snakewood handle. I'm thinking about either tooling or inlaying the sheath too :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE