Lightweight warm sleeping mat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
Tried the Alpkit Numo for the first time last night. It's pretty good! A bit too narrow and could do with being a little longer, but actually very comfy. I was worried that it wouldn't be warm enough, but it was fine. Packs down very small, and is ridiculously light too. Good value for money I'd say.

mikedefieslife

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2014
EU
I was going to buy a second static v insulated for my girlfriend and found that the price has now risen by £20 with Amazon.

Wintrup

Forager
Nov 5, 2005
London
I've been looking at the Klymit Static V as well. £60 on Amazon UK, but can be had for £50 if you buy from Amazon.de. I haven't taken the plunge yet though.

Update. Having read the reviews on Amazon.com, I've now ordered from Amazon in Germany for £49.

Last edited:

mikedefieslife

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2014
EU
You mean the non-insulated one? The insulated one was £60 and is now £80 everywhere. Talk about inflation.

The non-insulated one is cheaper but won't be useful come autumn/winter

Wintrup

Forager
Nov 5, 2005
London
I ordered the uninsulated one, if the insulated one is there, that'd be cheaper as well. It's worth checking out the the user reviews on Amazon.com, as they're pretty unanimous in rating it highly, even for 4 season use. Some just add a foam mat in the colder months.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I use a hi-gear one from go outdoors, £22 as standard with the card. They do a 10% armed forces discount if that applies to you, or a similar DofE one, makes it a bit cheaper. The mat is worth £22 as it is, light and warm.

Tonyuk

Wintrup

Forager
Nov 5, 2005
London
Klymit Static V arrived today from Germany, so that's just 3 days from order to delivered. I don't get things much faster than that in the UK. So at just under £50, that's a saving of £10 and no real extension on delivery. Result.

As to the mat, it takes a few more breaths than I'd read, but maybe that just my ol' lungs not up to it. It has a nice feel to lay on, not as plush as my old Exped Down 9, but a lot less money and, I hope, more reliable (found no stories about perforations or nowt else online, so here's hoping). It will get well field tested in June.

mikedefieslife

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2014
EU
Good result.

I'm waiting on my new currency card then will order a 2nd Insulated one for the GF. Did you have to pay for shipping? I can't login to amazon.de with my UK credentials, so I guess a new account needs to be made.

I've found that the Static V insulated takes around 15 full breaths to fully inflate.

Wintrup

Forager
Nov 5, 2005
London
Good result.

I'm waiting on my new currency card then will order a 2nd Insulated one for the GF. Did you have to pay for shipping? I can't login to amazon.de with my UK credentials, so I guess a new account needs to be made.

I've found that the Static V insulated takes around 15 full breaths to fully inflate.

You should be able to login with your UK account details, I can. If you've got Google Chrome you can translate the page. Shipping was 4.87 euros but I included that. Saving of £10, so will use them again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE