Lightweight warm sleeping mat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
I'm after a warm sleeping mat that I could use with a down quilt. But it also needs to be light, pack down small and not be ridiculously expensive. Any ideas? Or is this an impossible combination?

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Foam roll mats will do the job and they are light and not expensive £10 to £40 will get you one
A good light blow up mat is going to be £80 to £110+ they are light and warm and pack down very small , what is for, light weight back packing ,or just camping ?

Last edited:

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
Camping/hiking. Thinking of switching to top quilt instead of sleeping bag, so want some good insulation beneath me. Want something that'll pack small though.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Camping/hiking. Thinking of switching to top quilt instead of sleeping bag, so want some good insulation beneath me. Want something that'll pack small though.

why don't you get a light weight sleeping bag and just use a foam mat under you, it works and will be lighter that a quilt and a blow up mat

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
Looking for something a bit more substantial than a foam roll mat. I've got a British Army 3/4 length inflatable mat, but looking for something a bit more comfy.

mikedefieslife

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2014
EU
The Synmat 7 (not the lite version) is on par (ever-so-slightly) warmer (according to the ratings) than the Downmat 5.

Prices are the same i.e high. Both look good though.

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
Looking for something a bit more substantial than a foam roll mat. I've got a British Army 3/4 length inflatable mat, but looking for something a bit more comfy.

Swedish army full length 22mm thick foam mat, is matress comfy, full width, not the lightest thing at 1100 grammes,or the smallest but.....its a 5 season and mine worked well down to minus 9 straight on the deck under a basha in an Arctic army sleeping bag.

Tagaeri

Jan 20, 2014
West Cornwall
OK. Ideally looking for something small enough to fit inside my pack. So probably looking at one of the inflatable mattress types.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE