lightweight boots ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Have you got any links to where you can buy 'Tabi's? I've seen pictures in a book I have on war in the pacific. They were worn by Japanese soldiers and were even fitted with crampons!

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Any Store that sells Martial arts equipment should have some in stock. They are the foot ware of choice for your local Ninja's.

I have a look and see if I can find some links do.

James

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Sorry I didn't reply sooner I've been away.

Just found this link http://www.paragonmartialarts.co.uk/acatalog/Footwear.html

These appear to be the same as mine but have a velcro closer, perhaps thats a new thing... mine have a metal hook and eye closer at the back.

Sealskins a waterproof socks using a porelle waterproof breathable membrane, they are quite stretchy. For wearing inside tabi you will probably need to get a size larger than you would normaly. Put the socks on with space left at the toe section then push the sock between your toes, adjust the sock and put your foot in the boot. It can be quite tricky to get it comfortable if you're not used to wearing them like this.
I would also recomend wearing a pair of army wool puttees (spel?) over the top of the Tabi (Polar proof these) for extra protection and weather proofing.
Then go get stealthy in the woods :cool:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Thanks for all the replies and sugestions.

I've just received a pair of Tabi boots and two pairs of socks. I plan to Nikwax the material to try to make it water repellant.
I've gone for the long boot with the rubber sole.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE