Lighting for a hooped bivi

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Hi mate, do a google search on a uco candle lantern, they do a mini version which runs off off tea lights, they say you can get up to 8 hours light off of 1 candle!! Cheaper than batterys too!!
I can't link from my mobile phone but will put one in later when home!!
Cheers
Steve

Those things get really hot - wouldn't fancy tipping it over in the confines of a bivvy.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Cheap bicycle rear light from the pound shop.

Runs for ages on a couple of AAAs, red light means you don't loose your nightsight, but you can still read with it.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
The glow-in-the-dark things can be topped up with quick squirt from a bright torch, just shut your eyes while you do it.

There are a few LED torches with a very wide range of power outputs, I have one of these

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/zebralight/zebralight-h51.html

and at its lowest output not only does it run for several days continuously on one AA cell, it will run for several days continuously on an old cell that won't even power my camera any more.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
ged's post reminded me of this, which, it's claimed, will glow continuously for a year or two and has a couple of other torch functions included. I don't own one but saw them linked on here some time ago.

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
+1 for the PAL lights - they are really good and have a great battery life, are really tough, the glow function is surprisingly effective and on full power they make a good torch. They make a lantern version too - see link. This version is ok as a torch, but not as good as their others - it would be ideal for use in a bivvy just on glow. Although a US company they are based over here + ship from over here. Great to deal with too - no affiliation etc
http://www.palights.com/store/safe-light-lantern-flashlight.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE