Light slackline/strap for tree-tent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2021
Denmark
Hi all

I'm looking for a slackline-type setup to connect between two trees. Crucially, however, it is not intended for walking but as a versatile method of hooking up one side of a tree-tent (@tentsile) which requires three connection points to trees. That is, in the event you cant find juuust the right triangular setup of trees.

So basically a lighter form of strap setup. I'm thinking the same mechanism for attachment to the trees: two straps with loops, one of which with a ratchet at one end.

Do any of you have a good bearing on a source for such straps and ratchet setups? I COULD just buy a slackline but I'm trying to both save money and kit-weight.

Thanks in advance!
Jakob

Hi all

I'm looking for a slackline-type setup to connect between two trees. Crucially, however, it is not intended for walking but as a versatile method of hooking up one side of a tree-tent (@tentsile) which requires three connection points to trees. That is, in the event you cant find juuust the right triangular setup of trees.

So basically a lighter form of strap setup. I'm thinking the same mechanism for attachment to the trees: two straps with loops, one of which with a ratchet at one end.

Do any of you have a good bearing on a source for such straps and ratchet setups? I COULD just buy a slackline but I'm trying to both save money and kit-weight.

Thanks in advance!
Jakob
How about a truck tie-down strap Jakob? I don't think they are expensive.
Regards, Keith.

Truck-tie-down.jpg

These truck tie downs cost anything from $3 to $50 & upward. They come in a couple of sizes, narrow ones for light trucks, & wider commercial models. They work very well, I have a bag full of them.
Keith.

Reactions: Robson Valley

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Knowing that I'd get hurt if a big wood carving rolled off the bench, I use those truck tie downs as strap clamps just to keep everything from jumping around.

I believe that two of those, ganged together, would make a ridge line as tight or as slack as you wished. Anything knotted to that flat strap would have less tendency to slide along as might happen with slippery round cord or rope as your major ridge line.

Reactions: Le Loup

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE