lifesaver bottle

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
£195.00 + VAT !!!!! Too rich for me.

As I say it depends what you want it for, if you really do need a top line filter that will treat a lot of water then you pay. I don't think this is something your average punter either needs or will buy. But as far as actually saving lives in third world countries or in the aftermath of natural disaster etc, this would seem reasonable. I heard the bloke who's invented it on the Chris Evans drivetime show last wednesday and he was saying that he came up with the idea after watching the tsunami disaster and then New Orleans get flooded.

I think the Americans will buy the rights off this bloke and he'll probably end up a millionaire a few times over.

Damn good luck to him.
R.B.

A

appletree_man

Anybody here rate the Lifestraw ? It's about £7 on Ebay, and is even supposed to filter seawater.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
£195.00 + VAT !!!!! Too rich for me.

It's expensive but it has a life of 4000 litres, that's 5p per litre and 3 litres a day, every day for 4 years. The aquapure traveller is £35 and does 350 litres, which works out at 10p per litre.

It's only just come to market, give it time and the price will come down, I'm sure. The biggest downer for me is the dry weight of 650g or 1.5 pounds. Too heavy for a rucksack I think. If the price drops below £100, I might get one fer me Landy, but for me rucksack, I'll stick with the aquapure traveller.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE