Lidl Tripod Camping Grill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
On offer at Lidl for the next two days. This is one for the car or canoe unless you leave some parts at home, can't go wrong for £19.99:)

Just put it together, its over 5' tall, remember, Luke is over 6'

Click image

Very well made, leg sections are in four pieces so you could leave off a section of each for lighter camping (and leave the grill and fire pit).

I'm very happy with it, and even if you don't use it camping, it makes a great garden BBQ

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Almost bought one today but changed my mind at the last minute, its just a bit too heavy for me especially as I already have an outdoor wood burner. If I didn't already have the burner I would definately have bought one though!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I let the grandson off with a stern warning this time;)

I think I will replace the chain with flexible wire, any suggestions?

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
I got one last week and there brilliant value for money,if you want to travel with it you can just take the top section and chain,and cut some hazel poles instead of the metal poles.to hang your billy or pot.

bernie

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
It is a solid bit of kit, and you can take some or all of it camping.

One bad thing is the three chain supports, this can mean you have to juggle pots and pans to maintain an even balance on the grill. When I replace the chains with wire, I'll use four instead of three

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was going to use my Wayland chain and just hang the pot directly from that.
Hadn't thought about the grill for anything but toast or kebabs tbh :rolleyes:
Wire, you suggest ?

cheers,
Toddy

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
I got one last week and there brilliant value for money,if you want to travel with it you can just take the top section and chain,and cut some hazel poles instead of the metal poles.to hang your billy or pot.

bernie

and if want to travel lighter just take the hazel poles :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Once you get the big grill stable, there is room for three or four pots :) When I fired it up on charcoal last week, I had an 8 pint pot, three pint coffee perc, and a 10" frying pan on the go with room to spare.

I need some thin but strong, flexible braided cable, any ideas?

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
They sell braided wire in various widths at B&Q by the metre. I bought some a while ago to repair an up and over garage door. Also the U bolt connectors too, but I prefer to use the tubular electrical connectors you crimp up. Cheaper too.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
They sell braided wire in various widths at B&Q by the metre. I bought some a while ago to repair an up and over garage door. Also the U bolt connectors too, but I prefer to use the tubular electrical connectors you crimp up. Cheaper too.

Nice one Neil, any chance of a picture of the tubular connectors mate?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
DSCF3120.jpg

It really does need that forth line, I am now looking for the wire or maybe some lighter chain

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Cooked this, its a big pan, 13 or 14 inch but almost lost it due to poor balance on the three support lines. Hi ho, find the wire or more chain

DSCF3226.jpg

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Put ours to the test yesterday, Barbied two muntjac shoulders nice and slowly,It took about 2 and 1/2 hours kept basting with olive oil and honey,Just couldn't fault the end result.
DSC00842.jpg

Yours truly doing as told the basting.
DSC00845.jpg

bernie

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Looks really great Bernie, yum yum

Those tripods have to be the best £20 I've spent in a long time:)

Its an adaptable bit of kit, you can just take the fire bowl (great on a BBQ friendly camp site), leave one or two leg sections behind to give a lighter and smaller tripod, or as another member suggested, just take the top pole connector and cut some wood to fit (good idea).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE