Licence to print money?

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Check out this item I found on eBay:

End time: Sep 11, 2012 3:16:31 PM

Item: Swedish Fire Torch/Swedish Log Candle/Firelog Stove. Bushcraft Campfire, BBQ.

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251128579969

Alt URL: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swedish-Fire-Torch-Swedish-Log-Candle-Firelog-Stove-Bushcraft-Campfire-BBQ-/251128579969

(Sent from eBay Mobile for Android)

Sent from my HTC

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The joys of capitalism - some people are too lazy or space restricted or lack the time to do many things....heck some people pay others to brew their beer for them....how dumb is that?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Top marks, he's selling well, wood chips and stuff. If he sells he is filling a void in the market, good luck to the fella or gal.

Aug 19, 2012
Canada
I have seen people pay for paracord bracelets and anklets on ebay. I guess the cobra weave is just too complicated for some.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I believe some people even sell bits of wood specially cut up for stoves.
Give them fancy names like logs and sell them by the ton.

Hell, anyone would think the stuff grew on trees.

Biker

Fair play to him I say, just checked out his other sales and he's been selling oak and cherry chippings for BBQ's and smokers as well as decorative fire surround logs. If people are willing to throw money at him for items such as those then I said good luck to him. Like British Red said above, some people are prepared to pay if they can't be bothered to do it themself.

Can't help but wonder how many of these "burners" he'll sell though, his BBQ chippings sold quite well at £4 with £5 P&P but that's a big difference to £15 with £8 P&P he asking for a log.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
You could "under-cut" him, just flog them for a quid less...Bargain !!! Or am I "Barking" up the wrong "Tree" :lmao:

the only reason that you won't be finding a listing for "swedish candles, best quality, ethically sourced, CHEAPEST ON THE WEB" on ebay today is that i have no fuel for the chainsaw :eek:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The joys of capitalism - some people are too lazy or space restricted or lack the time to do many things....heck some people pay others to brew their beer for them....how dumb is that?

Always ways wanted to try my own beer Red, please tell me more. Where do i get started and how much room and kit will i need? Not a huge real ale fine but i do like the blonder ales.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Dwardo, at its most basic level, you need a 5 gallon bucket, 23 litres worth of screw or swing top bottles, a length of plastic tubing and a beer kit

Just go buy this and choose the Muntons Gold kit

http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/beginners-kits/beer/premium-starter-kit.html

You need the room of a large kitchen bin

Really its that simple. After the first kit it works out to about 50p a pint for St Peters Ale etc. Less for the cheap stuff. Its as good as shop bought.

Happy to give any advice you need

Red

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Dwardo, at its most basic level, you need a 5 gallon bucket, 23 litres worth of screw or swing top bottles, a length of plastic tubing and a beer kit

Just go buy this and choose the Muntons Gold kit

http://www.brewuk.co.uk/store/beginners-kits/beer/premium-starter-kit.html

You need the room of a large kitchen bin

Really its that simple. After the first kit it works out to about 50p a pint for St Peters Ale etc. Less for the cheap stuff. Its as good as shop bought.

Happy to give any advice you need

Red

PM on its way thanks Red.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
In an SSSI where we weren't allowed to use the local wood, I brought a bag of pine logs for £2.50 with me. Pushed four chunks together and lit a fire in the "cracks". Worked well for me. Also had enough for 4-5.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE